26.2 Miles! We're doing it for Hunter ... otherwise, we'd just be crazy! We're definitely not elite athletes; it's about finishing the race for Hunter. If you've found our blog, chances are, you know that we're trying to raise at least $10,000 to help pay for the HUGE uninsured costs of our nephew's bone marrow transplant. Please take a second to read about Hunter & our journey to prepare for the Chicago Marathon! E-mail us at brookiej73@yahoo.com for info on making a tax-deductible donation.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hi there! Fundraising update ... we have raised almost $6,000! Yippee! Thank you so much for your support. We have one organization that we believe is going to match at least part of what we raise! This is really exciting!! It almost made me forget that I have to run 20 miles tomorrow! HAHA! :)

Running has been okay this week -- Tuesday's run was actually really wonderful. Brad's mom & dad came for a visit and his mom stayed until yesterday. It was a treat to be able to run with no pressure to finish by a certain time (so Brad can get to work!). I went to a Blues hockey game with my dad last night, so that was a nice time! Today, I'm trying not to think about the whole 20 miler tomorrow morning. My knee has been bothering me; I'm so afraid of injury right now. It's so close that I would hate to have something happen now!

Okay, I'll post after the run tomorrow. I'll try to have Brad take some pics & have my brother write something so that you know he exists! :) Bye for now, Brooke

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a humbling and amazing post!!! Hunter continues to fight like crazy to beat the many things going on right now. We are praying for Uncle B(and his knee), Aunt Brooke, and Ben....we pray you are blessed amazingly for your efforts to support and encourage Hunter(and our entire family). We love you guys and we cannot wait to celebrate the run with you...we are just sad we cannot be there. I had hoped tomake it, but the recent diagnosis and problems make that unlikely. Dan Hinote's sister, Missy, said she has been talking to you. They are an amazing organization and amazing people. Missy takes such great care of us in clinic. I hope they are able to support you in some way. As Dory says, "Just keep running, just keep running...what do we do? Just keep running!!!!!"
We love you TONS,
Heather

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home