26.2 Miles! We're doing it for Hunter ... otherwise, we'd just be crazy! We're definitely not elite athletes; it's about finishing the race for Hunter. If you've found our blog, chances are, you know that we're trying to raise at least $10,000 to help pay for the HUGE uninsured costs of our nephew's bone marrow transplant. Please take a second to read about Hunter & our journey to prepare for the Chicago Marathon! E-mail us at brookiej73@yahoo.com for info on making a tax-deductible donation.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hi all! I just wanted to get a post on our running out here. Brad made a spreadsheet (of course he did...he's an engineer!) & figured up how many miles we have run in our training so far. At the end of this week, we'll have run 206 miles. Keep in mind that we have done more than that including the pre-training, but it's amazing to me. What's even more amazing is that we'll have logged in over double that by the time the marathon rolls around -- 461.2 miles to be exact! It's incredible to think that before we started training for this marathon, the longest I had ever gone at one time was a 10K. Well, 2 weeks ago, we ran a half marathon. What my body will feel like after we do 26.2 miles is something I can't even (nor do I want to) imagine.

Some of the things I have learned so far:
1. Training for a marathon is time consuming...seems like an obvious statement, but having a 16-month-old & getting up at 5a.m. doesn't work well. We have had to work out a special schedule with Brad's work & Saturday morning long runs take help from family & friends so we can run for 2-3 hours at a time. I just don't know why Abby doesn't want to ride in a stroller for that long!
2. I didn't know that I could run so far & so long without music or someone to talk to & keep my mind off of it. This may be the most amazing part to me so far. I can be alone with my thoughts & prayers and it's okay -- it's actually kind of nice.
3. Things hurt & chafe that you can only imagine. Enough said.

I will try to get the boys to post some too; I can't imagine that listening to me for the next 2 months won't get a little old! :) Oh, that reminds me, the official date is October 22. Brooke

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder I haven't heard from you in weeks!!!! Keep up the running and take those shoes away from Abby...I insist!!!
Love,
Dawn

PS Have you tried taking Indie with you...maybe it would wear him out!

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home