26.2 Miles! We're doing it for Hunter ... otherwise, we'd just be crazy! We're definitely not elite athletes; it's about finishing the race for Hunter. If you've found our blog, chances are, you know that we're trying to raise at least $10,000 to help pay for the HUGE uninsured costs of our nephew's bone marrow transplant. Please take a second to read about Hunter & our journey to prepare for the Chicago Marathon! E-mail us at brookiej73@yahoo.com for info on making a tax-deductible donation.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hi again! Anyone sick of hearing from the girl yet?! You may be out of luck! :) I just wanted to put it in writing ... I ran 18 miles on Saturday! Whew. I can hardly believe it -- my legs believe it! So far, I have managed to run 14 miles this week & it's only Tuesday. It's wild & crazy -- some days I'm motivated & look forward to it & other days ... well, let's not talk about those! Boy, my body is tired. Sometimes I feel like this whole experience is happening to someone else. I'm betting that the day of the marathon, I won't be living that dream! When I start feeling sorry for myself, I think about Hunter's daily struggles & it really does help. I think that any time you set your thoughts on something other than yourself (in any aspect of life) it ends up being a wonderful thing. If I weren't doing this for something other than myself, I think it would've been over a long time ago. I'm amazed that my body is strong enough to do this; I wanted to stop today when Brad came to give me a water, but I know that it's important for my mental part of this to keep up on the training. It's harder than you would think; with Brad's injury, I am running by myself & for those who know me well, I'm not a morning person! :) Brad has been told by his physical therapist to cease all running until October 12th. She thinks he'll still be able to run the marathon, IF he does what she tells him to do; we'll see! Prayers would be greatly appreciated for his knee. As for the fundraising, I'll give an official update later in the week, but we have to celebrate going over $3,000 today! Thanks to all of you for your support & prayers! Until next time, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home