26.2 Miles! We're doing it for Hunter ... otherwise, we'd just be crazy! We're definitely not elite athletes; it's about finishing the race for Hunter. If you've found our blog, chances are, you know that we're trying to raise at least $10,000 to help pay for the HUGE uninsured costs of our nephew's bone marrow transplant. Please take a second to read about Hunter & our journey to prepare for the Chicago Marathon! E-mail us at brookiej73@yahoo.com for info on making a tax-deductible donation.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Brad ~ 15 Miles


Brad ~ 15 Miles
Originally uploaded by brookiej1.
Let’s just say that I try not to think about the fact that it was only 15 miles. Wow!!! That was tough and I really had a hard time finishing. It did not help that the weather forced a two and half hour delay and we finished in 90 degree 90% humidity and I do not operate well in heat and humidity…sweaty. In fact, I lost about 6 lbs during the run…all water weight as I had four pounds back on within the next couple of hours. There were a couple of memorable times in the run. The first was right at the five mile point, I found a really nice groove as I was thinking about Hunter and praying for him. The groove lasted for about a mile and a half and it was the best of the 15; now I just have to figure out how to make it last longer. The second was at about mile 13. Pretty much everything was shutting down and again thoughts of Hunter put my struggles in perspective. I finished the run in about two hours and twenty minutes. Lessons learned: I can run 15 miles. 50ozs of fluid was not enough. Smile and enjoy it - we are blessed with the health and the freedom to run safely on our streets.

Look forward to Saturday’s 16 mile run…you have to, otherwise it would just ruin your week! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home