26.2 Miles! We're doing it for Hunter ... otherwise, we'd just be crazy! We're definitely not elite athletes; it's about finishing the race for Hunter. If you've found our blog, chances are, you know that we're trying to raise at least $10,000 to help pay for the HUGE uninsured costs of our nephew's bone marrow transplant. Please take a second to read about Hunter & our journey to prepare for the Chicago Marathon! E-mail us at brookiej73@yahoo.com for info on making a tax-deductible donation.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Brooke ~ 15 miles


Brooke ~ 15 miles
Originally uploaded by brookiej1.
Eeek. Now that is a scary picture! Haha. I guess that I can't expect to look too glamorous after 15 miles. Brad got his update in on time for the 15 miler, but I am late...we ran 16 miles today & it wasn't fun. Actually, Brad had a great day until the end & his knee started hurting -- my day was probably one of my more painful runs. We started using eGel today & with that, my water intake was up. SO, that meant I finally had to take the dreaded bathroom break. It takes me so long to run this far that I hate the thought of stopping to go to the bathroom. I made it 15 miles last week & managed without a break. This was the week I had to break down. It's not that I'm so girly that I can't imagine peeing by the road; the real problem is that part of our run is through highly populated neighborhoods. Oh well, I had no choice. Anyhow, we have to run 10 miles more & that's it! HAHAHA. That's it! I am so funny. I can't imagine what it's going to feel like to run that far. Thankfully, we have 8 weeks until the marathon! Brad ran extra today. There is a scary part of our run that is very isolated (think creepy forest) & I don't like to run there by myself. He turned around & ran almost an extra mile to make sure I was okay. He's so sweet! I don't think I could have physically turned around to check on ANYTHING. Okay...until next time, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home