26.2 Miles! We're doing it for Hunter ... otherwise, we'd just be crazy! We're definitely not elite athletes; it's about finishing the race for Hunter. If you've found our blog, chances are, you know that we're trying to raise at least $10,000 to help pay for the HUGE uninsured costs of our nephew's bone marrow transplant. Please take a second to read about Hunter & our journey to prepare for the Chicago Marathon! E-mail us at brookiej73@yahoo.com for info on making a tax-deductible donation.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hi all! Well, we have been mailing out our letters like crazy & working with different media outlets to generate some additional coverage! So, if you've come to visit our blog because you received a letter, WELCOME! I thought I'd post a quick update. First, for a piece of exciting news, my brother Ben is now an official pharmacist...not just a plain old pharmacist, but a Doctor of Pharmacy. Dr. Ben we'll call him! Now on to the not so fun items...injuries. Ben has been having some reoccuring knee pain during the runs & had to take a little time off to heal & was just able to cross-train. Brad now has ITBS & is going to see a physical therapist as soon as he can. We're not sure how long he'll be unable to run -- hopefully, it'll be just a week or so, but we'll have to wait & see. Anyhow, if you could please keep them in your thoughts & prayers it would be greatly appreciated. As for me, when you run as slow as I do, the chance for injury decreases! HA! I have no official data on that...heck, I'm out there quite a bit longer than they are, so I'm not sure what's harder on the body. The biggest dilemma I've had this week is deciding what shorts length to go with for the marathon shorts! :) Until next time...Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home